Harvest Mennonite Church Confession of Faith
We accept the following Brief Statement of Mennonite Doctrine (1963), from the Mennonite Confession of Faith (1963).
CONFESSION OF FAITH
1. We believe in one God eternally existing as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. We believe that God has revealed Himself in the Scriptures of the Old And New Testaments, the inspired Word of God, and supremely in His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.
3. We believe that in the beginning God created all things by His Son. He made man in the divine image, with free will, moral character, and a spiritual nature.
4. We believe that man fell into sin, bringing depravity and death upon the race; that as a sinner, man is self-centered and self-willed, unwilling and unable to break from sin.
5. We believe that there is one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who died to redeem us from sin and arose for our justification.
6. We believe that salvation is by grace through faith in Christ, a free gift bestowed by God on those who repent and believe.
7. We believe that the Holy Spirit convicts of sin, effects the new birth, gives guidance in life, empowers for service, and enables perseverance in faith and holiness.
8. We believe that the church is the body of Christ, the brotherhood of the redeemed, a disciplined people obedient to the Word of God, and a fellowship of love, intercession, and healing.
9. We believe that Christ commissioned the church to go into all the world, making disciples of all nations, ministering to every human need.
10. We believe it is the will of God that there should be ministers to teach the Word, to serve as leaders, to administer the ordinances, to lead the church in the exercise of discipline, and to serve as pastors and teachers.
11. We believe that those who repent and believe should be baptized with water as a symbol of baptism of the Holy Spirit, cleansing from sin, and commitment to Christ.
12. We believe that the church should observe the communion of the Lord’s Supper as a symbol of His broken body and shed blood, and of the fellowship of His church.
13. We believe in the washing of the saint’s feet as a symbol of brotherhood, cleansing and service, and in giving the right hand of fellowship and the holy kiss as symbols of Christian love.
14. We believe that God has established unique roles for man and woman, symbolized by man’s bared head in praying and prophesying, and by woman’s veiled head.
15. We believe that Christian marriage is intended by God to be the union of one man and one woman for life, and that Christians shall marry only in the Lord.
16. We believe that Christians are not to be conformed to the world, but should seek to conform to Christ in every area of life.
17. We believe that Christians are open and transparent in life, ever speaking the truth, and employing no oaths.
18. We believe that it is the will of God for Christians to refrain from force and violence in human relations and to show Christian love to all men.
19. We believe that the state is ordained of God to maintain order in society, and that Christians should honor rulers, be subject to authorities, witness to the state, and pray for governments.
20. We believe that at death the unsaved enter into everlasting punishment and the saved into conscious bliss with Christ, who is coming again, and will raise the dead, sit in judgment, and bring in God’s everlasting kingdom.
We also have appreciation for the Schleitheim (1527), Dortrecht (1632), and the Garden City (1921) Confessions of Faith.
View Mobile Version
Copyright © 2016 by Harvest Mennonite Church and
Photography, Graphics and Web Design by